We specialise in providing fully themed, sumo suit wrestling fun for your party. And for a party in the Woking area you now have a choice:
Either, you can separately book Sumo Experience, a venue of your choice and deal with the catering yourself (see our for kids page)
Or, let us arrange your Sumo party with Freedom Leisure at the Woking Leisure Centre.
This page gives you specific low-down on a Sumo Experience party package at the Woking Leisure Centre.
Example of a typical Party Plan
- 2:50pm - You meet with your guests in the Woking Leisure Centre Reception area.
- 2:55pm - The Sumo Experience 'Gyoji' will meet you in reception and take the young guests to the Sumo area usually in a section of the main hall (a parent may need to wait behind for 5 minutes to pick up any stragglers)
- 3:00pm - The 'Gyoji' organises the teams and introduces the Sumo ceremony, rules and safety
- 3:10pm - Battle commences
- 3:58pm - The 'Gyoji' leaded the guests to the Leisure Centre's Freedom Cafe
- 4:00pm - The guests tuck into the supplied party food
- 5:00pm - Parents pick up the guests from you at the restaurant
See what a Sumo Experience party looks like,
in this case, for a group
of 10 and 11 year old boys.
Also find out what previous customers have said
about their Sumo Experience parties.
The booking process:
- You start by contacting Sumo Experience with your preferred date
- We make a provisional booking at the Leisure Centre (this may be one of the side rooms or part of the main hall)
- To confirm all this you will need to pay a non-refundable deposit of 50% (cheque or bank transfer)
- Once the date and time is agreed you can decide on food (this is optional). Just choose what you want from the menu below and email or call Freedom Cafe via the Leisure Centre reception on 01483 771122 to book the party meal in their restaurant
- We will pay the Leisure Centre for the hire, leaving you to pay the Leisure Centre for the party food
- The balance of the fee is payable (cash or cheque) to us on the day of the party (cheques must be made out to 'Sumo Experience'')
Other things to note:
- Age range: 7 - 15.
- Party size: max 14, min 10.
- Adult to child ratio: 1 parent or guardian must stay in with the party.
- the sumo party will take place in either the Wurlitzer hall, the Practice room, a section of the main hall or one of the squash courts according to availability. You will be notified which space will be used at the time of provisional booking.
- Woking Leisure Centre has a policy that forbids photography without consent of the Leisure Centre Manager. You will need to complete this form and return it to the Leisure Centre so that you will be free to take photos of your own party.
- Food is served on plan paper plates. If you want to use party cups, plates you will need to pass these to the caterers in the leisure centre restaurant on arrival and before the party.
- Get directions to Woking Leisure Centre
- Price: £260 inclusive of facilities hire and an hour of Sumo wrestling (food is extra)
Party Food (an optional extra)
Freedom Cafe is the Leisure Centre's restaurant and the following is the Party Menu (correct as at 26/01/2012). You can calculate the exact cost of the food for your party but a typical ball-park figure will be £50.
'Go Cold' party food
Served buffet style with a mini milk or home-baked cookie and unlimited squash
- Assorted sandwiches - ham, cheese, egg mayonnaise
- Freshly baked cocktail sausage rolls
- Margarita pizza slices
- Vegetable sticks, crisps & dips
- Fresh fruit wedges
£3.99 per head
'Go Hot' party food
Hot choices will be plated and all include a mini milk or home-baked cookie and unlimited squash. (maximum 2 choices per party)
1. Beef burger in a bun with chips & ketchup
2. Chargrilled chickenbap served hot in a bun with chips & ketchup
3. Crispy cod goujons, chips & peas
4. Sausage, chips & beans
5. Chicken goujons, chips & beans
6. Half jacket potato with beans or cheese
£3.99 per head
* State age of child when booking your party
If you have any special requests/requirements, please speak to our Catering Manager who will be delighted to tailor make a package to suit.
All prices may vary but the Leisure Centre usually only has a price review at the start of the new financial year.